We had a great webinar, thank you to those who were…
Are you an experienced education administrator and do you know how to organise yourself and other people. Does your teaching background also give you the skills to understand and support quality teaching provision with our teachers and our volunteer home tutors? Apply now.
You are a socially conscious person who believes in working to make a difference, not just a dollar. Naturally organised, coordination comes easily to you, and you enjoy the challenge of working out logistics to get all the pieces of the puzzle to fit. You are a “people person” who enjoys interacting with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds and want a career that can work around your lifestyle and existing commitments.
What you’ll be doing
- Coordination of English language programmes for our Nelson Centre with responsibility for our literacy focused programmes, (which work primarily with former refugees). This involves managing the administration and logistics for each programme and ensuring that teachers /volunteer tutors and learners have what they need to operate effectively.
- Supporting and developing our teachers; providing teaching supervision and quality management, conducting teacher observations, and delivering some internal systems training.
- Supporting the Centre Manager with other tasks as needed; marketing & promotion, attending/organising various stakeholder meetings and learner and community events.
- 12 hours per week, permanent part-time, commencing in early February 2023. Days and times negotiable. $32 per hour.
Is this you?
- Tertiary degree in a relevant discipline such as TESOL, TEFL, teaching, adult education, and experience in ESOL teaching is essential
- A background in volunteer management, community development or a certificate in ESOL Home Tutoring (desirable but not essential)
- Proven administration/coordination experience, with strong time management and organisational skills.
- Experience supporting/delivering online teaching and/or a good understanding of technology for teaching is desirable.
- Excellent IT skills across with Microsoft Office Suite (Office 365, Word, Excel, Outlook)and the ability to pick up new systems quickly
- A positive attitude and a clear and friendly communication style (spoken and written) with a strong customer service ethos.
- A current clean full driver’s licence and able to use own vehicle for regular work-related meetings (desirable)
Article type: Job Vacancies, Volunteer Opportunities and Offers
Contact Name: Luke Adam Scowcroft
Contact Phone: +642102411520
Contact Email: [email protected]