Volunteer Nelson offers a wide range of services to the Nelson Tasman community:
A referral service matching volunteers to opportunities in local not-for-profit groups and organisations.
Promotion of volunteering and events that celebrate volunteers. Support for targeted volunteer programmes.
Resources, training, support and networking opportunities for Managers of Volunteers and not-for-profit Board/Governance members.
Community newsletter ‘Community News and Views’, monthly Community & Whanau network meetings, biannual Volunteer Managers’ networking events.
Volunteer Nelson also administers the Nelson Newcomers Network, the Found Directory
As well as:
- Supports the community and voluntary sector
- Is the prime point of contact for community, not-for-profit groups and the voluntary sector
- Provides services to Nelson and Tasman, Monday-Friday
- Interviews and refers volunteers to community groups
- Advocates for volunteers
- Facilitates workshops and professional development training
- Encourages good practice in management of volunteers
- Promotes Volunteer Awareness Week in June, Volunteer Managers’ Day on 5 Nov and International Volunteers’ Day on 5 Dec
- Coordinates the Community & Whanau network
- Administers and issues the twice monthly Community News and Views e-newsletter, which includes The Networker / Te Kupenga Newsletter
- Administers the FOUND directory
- Administers the Nelson Newcomers Network
- Involves volunteers in its daily operations along with paid staff
- Is part of a national network of volunteer centres
- Is a member of Volunteering NZ, and NZ Council of Social Services
Jonty Dine of Nelson Weekly gave this report. Thank you Jonty! Volunteer Nelson wins inaugural…
Donate to Volunteer Nelson via Give a Little, the zero-fees fundraising run by the Telecom Foundation. Volunteer Nelson provide a free referral service for volunteers and non-profit organisations. In addition we have support and training for the community sector. In order to do this we rely on a mixture of grants, contracts and donations.
We acknowledge the important contributions from our funders: