Volunteer Nelson offers a wide range of services to the Nelson Tasman community:
A referral service matching volunteers to opportunities in local not-for-profit groups and organisations.
Promotion of volunteering and events that celebrate volunteers. Support for targeted volunteer programmes.
Resources, training, support and networking opportunities for Managers of Volunteers and not-for-profit Board/Governance members.
Community newsletter ‘Community News and Views’, monthly Community & Whanau network meetings, biannual Volunteer Managers’ networking events.
Volunteer Nelson also administers the Nelson Newcomers Network, the Found Directory
As well as:
- Supports the community and voluntary sector
- Is the prime point of contact for community, not-for-profit groups and the voluntary sector
- Provides services to Nelson and Tasman, Monday-Friday
- Interviews and refers volunteers to community groups
- Advocates for volunteers
- Facilitates workshops and professional development training
- Encourages good practice in management of volunteers
- Promotes Volunteer Awareness Week in June, Volunteer Managers’ Day on 5 Nov and International Volunteers’ Day on 5 Dec
- Coordinates the Community & Whanau network
- Administers and issues the twice monthly Community News and Views e-newsletter, which includes The Networker / Te Kupenga Newsletter
- Administers the FOUND directory
- Administers the Nelson Newcomers Network
- Involves volunteers in its daily operations along with paid staff
- Is part of a national network of volunteer centres
- Is a member of Volunteering NZ, and NZ Council of Social Services
Workshop with Andy Fryar, Friday 18 October 2019, 9am- 2pm Tahunanui Community Centre / $20…
Volunteers are needed to help with set up each night at the Latin Film Festival…
Donate to Volunteer Nelson via Give a Little, the zero-fees fundraising run by the Telecom Foundation. Volunteer Nelson provide a free referral service for volunteers and non-profit organisations. In addition we have support and training for the community sector. In order to do this we rely on a mixture of grants, contracts and donations.
We acknowledge the important contributions from our funders: