This page includes an archive of practical information / resources provided in recent Covid-19 communications. The information covers the areas of Well-being / Mental Health / Interpretation / Financial Support / Living Needs / Food Deliveries and Donations / Transport
MENTAL HEALTH / WELL-BEING
Nelson Marlborough Health’s key Psycho-social messages
- We will get through this together; it’s ok to feel overwhelmed – Dial 1737 – a free, 24/7 service for anyone feeling down, anxious, a bit overwhelmed or who just need to chat to someone.
- It’s a good thing to give help when you can, and it’s ok to ask for help, even if you’ve never had to before. Call 0800 779 997 even if you’re not sure what assistance may be available or don’t know whom to contact for help. Or call 0800 559 009 if you require financial assistance.
- Well done – we are on the right track.
- If you are 65+ and would like to talk to someone, ring Age Concern 03 544 7624
- If you have health concerns or needs, please contact your GP.
Mental Health resources provided by the Psycho-social team at CDEM:
INTERPRETATION / TRANSLATION
- Email [email protected] if you need assistance translating information in this newsletter into a different language or format for your vulnerable clients.
- Here are two videos about Covid-19, presented in a variety of languages for ethnic communities, that include information about the government hotlines and some tips for keeping healthy.
- All government helplines have professional interpreters available for over 180 languages. For general help related to COVID-19 call the government helpline on 0800 779 997.
- Asian Family Services has a team of qualified counsellors and social workers who speak English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Hindi, Thai, Vietnamese, Korean and Japanese. The Asian Helpline is open from 9 am to 8:30 pm, Monday to Friday on 0800 862 342. For more information, please visit www.asianfamilyservices.nz
- Need interpretation, health, family safety and welfare support or information for tenants? Read more on the INZ COVID-19 website
- Māori-led response – Manaaki 20 can be contacted on 0508 462 622
FINANCIAL / LIVING NEEDS
Lost your job or can’t work at the moment? Can’t pay the bills on your current income? Call Work and Income to talk about your situation on 0800 559 009 or check https://workandincome.govt.nz/eligibility/living-expenses/index.html
Not eligible for Work and Income support, but need access to supplies?
Call 0800 50 50 75 (Press 1 for Nelson City or 2 for Tasman) or email [email protected].
Total Mobility has provided some key messages for their operators and clients during Covid-19.
FOOD DELIVERY AND DONATIONS
For a list of places delivering paid-for groceries and groups providing food donations and welfare…Read more