Volunteer Nelson along with a number of collaborating organisations are working to build capability in young people for leadership and governance roles.
There will be training and events posted here as they come up.
One opportunity is being coordinated by Big Brothers Big Sisters. They are looking for young people (15 – 25yrs) to sit on a community board for a year – from Feb to Dec 2020. Fill in the form below to express your interest.
Big Brothers Big Sisters Youth into Governance
- Work with the board, contributing to discussions, decision making and looking after the governance of the organisation.
- Learn about governance – what good governance looks like and what needs to be done to make that happen.
- Share with other young people in the project a series of workshops, discussion sessions and personal projects covering the key aspects of good governance.
- Find out what responsibilities boards and board members have and why good governance is important for organisation success.
- Gain skills and knowledge to be a strong member of other community organisation boards after the project is finished.