Volunteer Nelson is collaborating with Youth and Community Works, the Nelson Tasman Youth Workers Collective and Big Brothers Big Sisters to bring you opportunities for young people in volunteering, leadership and governance.
Volunteer Nelson, Youth and Community Works and the Nelson Tasman Youth Workers Collective bring you:
Training for young people in volunteering, leadership and governance – dates & venues to suit
>Do you have a group of young people who might be interested in a specifically designed training in any of these areas: Volunteering, Leadership or Governance?
Trainings for young people can be tailored to what stage the group is at by our facilitation team of experienced peer facilitators and youth workers.
Training for Community Organisations in Youth Volunteering, Leadership and Governance, date to be confirmed
> Are you as an organisation interested in how young people may be able to take more of an active role in Volunteering, Leadership or Governance?
A training for organisations will be developed from discussions with those who have expressed interest in increasing young people’s involvement in the 3 areas. This will likely be a hands on training workshop with presentations from organisations already involving young people at all levels, insights to international best practice and action planning for more youth involvement in volunteering, leadership and governance in your organisation.
If you would like to discuss either of these training opportunities further, please contact:
Sally Wood – Manager/Director
Youth and Community Works/ Nelson Youth Events
Big Brothers Big Sisters have an opportunity for young people (15 – 25yr) to join a community boards for a year. Have a read about it below and fill in the form to express your interest:
Big Brothers Big Sisters Youth into Governance
- Work with the board, contributing to discussions, decision making and looking after the governance of the organisation.
- Learn about governance – what good governance looks like and what needs to be done to make that happen.
- Share with other young people in the project a series of workshops, discussion sessions and personal projects covering the key aspects of good governance.
- Find out what responsibilities boards and board members have and why good governance is important for organisation success.
- Gain skills and knowledge to be a strong member of other community organisation boards after the project is finished.