- This event has passed.
Engaging the Older Volunteer
October 24, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Join Age Concern and Volunteer Nelson to learn how to attract and retain the older volunteer and take away practical ideas to adapt to your own organisational needs.
- The shocking fact is that volunteering hours have fallen by 42% **
- By 2031, 26% of the population will be over 65.
- This means that as community organisations we will need to actively engage the older volunteer, who has heaps of experience and knowledge, in order to survive
** as indicated by census
Come along and join an inspirational morning jam-packed with information and ideas that includes an informal “Ask the Expert” session and a tool-kit of practical information that will help you recruit and retain volunteers 55+
- Date: Thursday 24 October 2019, 09.30-12 noon (including morning tea)
- Venue: Elma Turner, Library (Activities Room), 27 Halifax St E, Nelson
- Facilitator: Ruth Collingham