- This event has passed.
Facilitating Community-led Change Workshop
July 23, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$69 – $195
An Inspiring Communities / Volunteer Nelson collaboration, facilitated by Cissy Rock.
With an emphasis on engaging all parts of the community and bringing together diverse people, voices, groups and sectors, community-led development can be challenging. Having the skills, confidence and tactics to convene creative and constructive big picture conversations is essential.
This workshop will focus on useful approaches, processes and ideas for bringing and keeping groups and teams together, having conversations that really matter – and having FUN.
This workshop will help you:
- Create cohesive groups
- Polish your role as a facilitator
- Explore approaches that build common agendas
- Gather a variety of participation techniques for your tool kit
- Deal with difficult behaviours and conflict
- When: July 23 2019, 9am – 4pm
- Where:Tahunanui Community Centre, 55/61 Muritai St, Tahunanui, Nelson
- Cost: $69 incl GST for community organisations, $195 incl GST for central/local government, private sector & funders
- Lunch will be provided.
- To register visit https://www.volunteernelson.org.nz/workshop-registration/ or call 03 546 7681.
About the Speaker: Cissy has over 15 years’ experience working with communities and local government. She is a passionate agent for change and is committed to working with people to find ways for them to be visible and have a voice. Cissy’s strengths lie in professional community development supervision, coaching, facilitation and giving a variety of workshops covering facilitation, ideas into action, how to run great meetings, strategic planning and visioning.