Please see link for further information.
Nelson workshop – Sharing the Kaupapa – Whai Wāhitanga: Active Youth Participation in Mentoring, 3 August 2022
Don’t miss out on registering for our special one day workshop being held in Nelson on Wednesday 3 August 2022. This is a brand new workshop in our highly successful Sharing the Kaupapa series. It is all about Whai Wāhitanga: Active Youth Participation in Mentoring. It has been developed by Rod Baxter, a highly experienced practitioner in the youth development sector.
In this new workshop you will learn:
- more about effective mentoring, with a particular focus on the unique perspective of young people
- ways to involve young people in training others about youth mentoring
- how to support young people to share their experiences in mentoring
- what helps and hinders young people engaging in mentoring
- what needs to be in place to enable real youth participation
- about relevant models and frameworks, starting with mātauranga Māori and locating ourselves in a global context
- to reflect on your own, and your organisation’s capacity to involve young people in decisions that affect them
- specialised skills, in mentors and mentoring organisations, that encourage and support youth participation in decision making.
By bringing these workshops to the regions once again, we hope to strengthen regional and national networks in the well-established youth mentoring community.
Who should attend?
Mentors, mentor programme providers, youth workers, educators, school counsellors, pastors, central and local government agency staff and community workers.
REGISTER ONLINE NOW AT
Article type: Meetings, events and training
Start date: August 3, 2022
Start time: 9:00 AM
End Date: August 3, 2022
End Time: 4:00 PM
Venue: The Beachcomber Hotel
23 Beach Road
Contact Name: Nicki McDonald
Contact Phone: 027 520 2981
Contact Email: [email protected]