Sit back, relax, and enjoy being read to by our librarians.…
Evidence from child abuse survivors shows that the majority of children who disclosed abuse had a negative experience due to professionals not responding effectively.
Take this course with us to acquire the knowledge and skills required to provide effective responses.
Make a difference to tamariki by getting the knowledge and skills you need to act.
Don’t be a missed opportunity for a child that needs help.
Evidence from child abuse survivors shows that for the vast majority of children their disclosure journey was negative. There were numerous missed opportunities for intervention and support identified along these journeys. Negative journeys were characterised by poor responses from those to whom they had disclosed, lack of support, particularly emotional support, and a lack of protective action taken. Recognising a disclosure, and how you respond is vitally important to ensure children and young people feel believed and can access the support they need.
Take this course to acquire and build the knowledge and skills required to help a child.
What will I learn?
- Different types of disclosure.
- How to respond effectively to those different types of disclosures.
- Navigating a disclosure.
- How to create an organisation that children and young people feel is safe to disclose abuse and neglect within.
- What international research tells us are the things that children and young people need during and after a disclosure.
- The 7 R’s.
- Internal and external risks.
- Barriers to responding.
- Information sharing.
- Reporting thresholds.
Who is this course for?
– Early Childhood Education – Education Providers (all areas) – Specialist Education – learning support schools – Social Services – Healthcare – Faith Groups – Sport – Youth Services
Article type: Meetings, events and training
Start date: June 8, 2022
Start time: 10:00 AM
End Date: June 8, 2022
End Time: 12:30 PM
Venue: Sports House, 142 Saxton Road East, Stoke
142 Saxton Road East
Contact Name: Ronda Kelling
Contact Phone: 0277724469
Contact Email: [email protected]