Erika & CoCo Flash are bringing their Rainbow Storytime and Living Library sessions to Nelson! Rainbow Storytime is a chance to hear books about acceptance, diversity, inclusion and being kind, play some fun games and meet some fabulous drag queens with plenty of colours and glitter! Open to children of all ages. Living Library is designed around learning about how the duo became Erika & Coco, how they identify and is a chance to ask any questions you have about the LGBTQIA+ community.
Are you looking for an interesting and dynamic part-time role helping families and individuals in your community? Are you proactive, flexible, and enjoy working in a busy and fun environment?
If so, this may be the job for you. Based on site in Tahunanui, you would work weekday mornings, for a total of 15 hours per week.
The role has three main elements:
• Assist with the day to day running of the Food Bank – for example help unload deliveries, assist volunteers, or deliver parcels when busy
• Administration – for example responding to emails from the public, monthly reporting, or creating GST receipts for donations
• Covering for the Manager when on leave (or sick) – this would include supervising and assisting volunteers and ensure appropriate stock levels. Additional hours would be paid during this time
ABOUT THE NELSON COMMUNITY FOOD BANK TRUST (NCFBT)
NCFBT is a community organisation that provides food parcels to families and individuals experiencing financial hardship in the Nelson and Tasman region.
The NCFBT is a Charitable Trust registered in June 2008, made up of a Board of Trustees who are representative of the community groups who refer those who receive food parcels.
We rely on the generosity of our volunteers who have varied roles of packing and delivering food parcels, donation picks ups and administration, all supporting our Food Bank Manager who oversees day to day operations.
We are looking for someone with the following attributes and experience (minimum 1 year):
- High proficiency in MS Excel and Word, comfortable managing multiple email accounts
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a sensitive and confidential manner
- Highly organised and have plenty of initiative
- Positive can-do attitude, not afraid to get stuck in
- Can work well under own initiative as well as part of a team
- Clean driving license – comfortable driving our small van, when required
- Physically comfortable lifting boxes, sometimes up to 15kg
- An understanding of Te Reo Māori, and Māori culture appreciated
If your application is successful, you will be required to complete a criminal record check. Please also note that you will need to be fully vaccinated as we operate in a small space where social distancing can be difficult.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting into the Manager you will work closely together, assisting with practical tasks as well as administration. Tasks would include:
- Managing two email inboxes, responding in a prompt manner
- Creating GST receipts both on an ad hoc basis and at the end of financial year
- Being the lead for compiling information needed for end of financial year
- Updating daily, weekly, monthly reports as required (e.g. collating food donations, volunteer mileage)
- Ad hoc tasks as requested by the Manager
Tasks when covering for Manager:
- Maintaining stock levels with stock rotation, ordering food as required, collecting or arranging collection of food/donations
- Printing and reviewing food parcel requests
- Supervising and assisting volunteers, ensuring they are working in a safe environment
If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you. Please forward your CV and Covering Letter to [email protected].
Article type: Job Vacancies, Volunteer Opportunities and Offers
Contact Name: Julie Jane
Contact Email: [email protected]