If you have been affected by the suicide of someone you know and are 17 years or older, you might be interested in joining a ‘WAVES’ grief education group. It's free. Each group will have 6-8 members who will participate in a programme facilitated by trained health professionals and educators. There is one group session each week, over eight weeks, where members are able to: • share their thoughts and feelings about what’s happened • discuss the nature of suicide and grief from losing someone to suicide. • gain information and ideas about how to care for themselves and others, including children and young people, after a suicide
Starting in April 2021, there will be a series of seven FREE workshops aimed at not-for-profits and designed to strengthen governance and financial sustainability. Each session will be led by Harald Breiding-Buss of Community Capacity Accounting, a charitable organisation providing low cost accounting solutions to not-for-profits.
Workshop topics and dates:
- Not for profit basics (for migrants and pacific people) 14th April 2021
- Your Organisation’s Constitution 19th May 2021
- Committee Meetings and Rules 16th June 2021
- Grants, Contracts & Accountability 21st July 2021
- Costing and Budgeting 18th August 2021
- Financial Governance 15th September 2021
- Internal Controls and Financial Policy 27th October 2021
All workshops will run for 2 hours from 5:30pm – venue tbc (Nelson).
Website registrations through above link only please.
Article type: Training
Start date: April 14, 2021
Start time: 5:30 PM
End Time: 7:30 PM
Contact Name: Jane Solly
Contact Phone: 03 546 7681 ext 2
Contact Email: [email protected]