If you have a great idea for telling people about Nelson’s heritage, Nelson City Council would like to hear it.
The White House is a peer-led day activity service for mental health service users offering a drop in centre with cooked meals, activities and groups, trips away, opportunities and more. We seek a Support Manager to support the members in the day-to-day running of the house and financial
Applications close 5 pm, Wednesday February 24th 2021
The White House is a peer-led and run day activity service for mental health service users. Wehave a community drop-in centre with cooked meals, activities and groups, trips away, paidwork opportunities and much more.
We are seeking a Support Manager to support the members in the day-to-day running of the
house, whilst ensuring member safety, providing financial management including regular
funding applications, supporting governance and management, compiling regular reports as
well as relationship building both internally and externally. The role is for 30 hours per week
and some of this work can be done from home (although probably not initially).
• Ability to work alongside and support mental health service users/Tangata whai ora.
• Knowledge/experience of mental health service sector.
• Mediation/Facilitation skills.
• Social work, counselling or mental health qualifications an advantage.
• Demonstrated business management skills with the ability to prioritise work and meet
• Experience/knowledge of financial and business systems (preferably Xero).
• Knowledge of funding agencies and experience in compiling funding applications.
• Experience in working effectively with policies and procedures.
• An understanding of the concepts of community development.
• An understanding of the application of the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
• Current driver’s licence.
• Personal integrity, enthusiasm and a sense of humour.
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to respond and relate with sensitivity and cultural
appropriateness to a wide range of people.
• Ability to remain neutral and support members to de-escalate conflict situations.
• Ability to provide calm leadership and able to motivate others.
• Ability to work co-operatively in a team.
• High level of initiative with the ability to solve problems.
• Flexibility to undertake a wide variety of tasks.
• Resilient, with good self care skills.
• Ongoing desire to develop professional skills and experience.
We require a CV and covering letter with at least two referees. Further information available by request. Send by post to The White House, 11 Wainui St, The Wood, Nelson 7010 or email
Applications close 5 pm, Wednesday February 24th 2021.
Article type: Job Vacancies and Volunteer Opportunities
Contact Name: Brian Muldoon
Contact Phone: 5469317
Contact Email: [email protected]