CPAG Post Budget Breakfast Nelson-Tasman Wednesday 31 May 2017 Stoke School Hall 9.30 -11.30 am Speakers: Alan Johnson, Social Policy Analyst for The Salvation Army's Social Policy & Parliamentary Unit Kindra Douglas, Director Victory Community Centre Rosalie Grant, Manager Nelson Budget Service Registration to [email protected] Attachment: flyerPBBCPAGNelson31052017.pdf
Nelson is pleased to welcome the StepUp and No Interest Loan Scheme
StepUP and NILS Loans are fair and affordable loans for people living on low to middle incomes.
NILS Loans are from $300 to $1,000 and no interest is charged
StepUp Loans are from $300 to $5,000 and interest is 6.99% per annum, fixed for the term of the loan
No fees or charges of any kind are payable.
Who can apply?
StepUP and NILS loans are for people who are:
- Eligible for a Community Services Card (low to middle income);
- Willing and able to pay back the loan.
- NZ Citizen or NZ Permanent resident
- Have stable accommodation – usually at current address for more than three months;
- Are able to attend a face to face interview.
NILS and StepUP Loans can be used to purchase :
- Essential household items, such as furniture and whiteware
- Second Hand Cars (Step UP loans only)
- Car repairs
- Medical and Dental Expenses
- Education Costs
This loan list is not exhaustive. Loan applications for purposes not on the list can be discussed with the Community Finance Worker.
Does a poor credit history or bad debts impact an application?
An applicant with a poor credit history may still qualify for a StepUP or NILS Loan. Rosalie Grant, Nelson’s Community Finance Worker, will discuss the individual circumstances and assess their eligibility for the program.
Article type: News and information
Contact Name: Rosalie Grant
Contact Phone: 021 199 0265
Contact Email: [email protected]