A takatāpui hui for everyone in Te Tau Ihu (Top of the South), which aims to bring together health professionals, rainbow community members, whānau and allies with the goal of increasing connection, awareness and understanding about takatāpui. Join us for a day of workshops from Dr Elizabeth Kerekere, InsideOUT, Q-Youth and takatāpui people living in Whakatū.
Surfing the Ups & Downs of Life. A group/learning place for Nelson Young persons (aged 20-26). to learn about & build mental fitness. Supportive, respectful &safe, small numbers. Time and date TBC in Nelson with professional counsellor. Interested? Contact Life Linc Nelson on 03 548 2400, email [email protected]
Surfing the Ups and Downs of Life
New Young Person’s Group in Nelson
– places are available now!
Every Wednesday evening in Nelson: Open to all aged 20-26. New opportunity to learn about & build mental fitness.
• Small numbers
• Supportive, respectable and safe environment
• Learning & sharing of experiences
• Mental fitness basics- tools, ideas, learnings
Our groups are facilitated by a professional Life Linc counsellor, this confidential group offers a chance to identify and explore ways to move forward. The counsellor’s role is to assist you in ways that respect your values, culture, personal resources and capacity for change.
WHAT IS SO GOOD about a counselling group?
• participants are able to form connections with others who are experiencing similar feelings and share insights, reducing feelings of isolation and being overwhelmed
• participants benefit from seeing how others are able to deal with similar issues, and are able to offer real support to each other
• the care, attention and support of the whole group working together is far greater than the sum of its parts
• communication & engagement skills are enhanced
• a real and practical experience of community is experienced and nurtured
HOW TO JOIN:
If you feel drawn to this group and would like to give it a go – please call 03 548 2400 or email [email protected] or visit our website www.lifelinc.co.nz
Participants sign up for an initial 6 weeks, and are asked for a contribution of $10 per session, payable in advance.
Article type: News and information
Contact Name: Louise Trevathan
Contact Phone: 035482400
Contact Email: [email protected]