An exciting 3 month contract role is available to help develop and drive social impact for-profit and not-for-profit enterprise in Nelson Tasman.
Social Impact Nelson Tasman is looking for a part-time contractor to help drive and develop social enterprise in the region.
Social Impact Nelson Tasman is a virtual hub that aims to be a solutions connector and collaboration coordinator within the region as part of a nation-wide social enterprise hub coordinated by Ākina Foundation.
This will be a 3-month role to undertake a needs assessment within the region and to assess and support opportunities to get for-profit and not-for-profit social impact businesses up and on the right path and support established social enterprises. Depending upon outcomes, there is a chance to continue working on the social enterprise after the initial 3-months.
This is a multi-faceted role, and a day can range from networking to analysing research to office administration work.
The role is 20 hours per week (flexible) for a period of three months.
- Experience working with or volunteering for a not-for-profit organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have effective event management skills
- Experience in securing funding
- Experience in research and strategy formulation
- Excellent ICT skills including word, excel and social media
- A background in sales, marketing, fundraising, event management and/or small business desirable but not essential.
The person in this role will be responsible for:
- Development of a sustainability strategy to support ongoing financial viability.
- Secure funding through grants, contracts, in-kind support, service delivery and/or partnerships.
- Development of a regional Social Enterprise needs assessment and gap analysis.
- Assessment of social enterprise opportunities and any “quick wins”.
- Identification of opportunities to partner with local businesses.
- Increase awareness of the benefits of social enterprise and help profile and promote local and national examples.
- Community engagement, networking, event management and promotion.
- Develop positive and collaborative working relationships and partnerships.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Send covering letter and CV to Judene Edgar at [email protected]
Article type: Job Vacancies and Volunteer Opportunities
Contact Name: Judene Edgar
Contact Phone: 021541927
Contact Email: [email protected]