Community Walking Program Venue: Stoke Seniors Hall, Main Road Stoke Date: 14 November 2017 Time: 5:00pm Agenda: In collaboration with Age Concern/AgeConnect and Neighbourhood Support Nelson/Tasman the creation of an action plan to initiate community walking programs. The aim of promoting physical activity, community interaction and combating social isolation and loneliness.
Men’s Group in Nelson, places are available now! Thursday Evening open to all men over 18. A new opportunity to look at challenges for men and speak freely in confidence. Facilitated by professional Life Linc counsellor. Please phone 03 548 2400 to book your place, or email [email protected]
New Men’s Group in Nelson
– places are available now!
Every Thursday evening in Nelson: Open to all men over 18. A new opportunity to look at challenges for men and speak freely in confidence.
Our groups are facilitated by a professional Life Linc counsellor, this confidential therapeutic group offers a chance to identify and explore ways to move forward. A safe place to explore your thoughts and feelings, deepen contact with yourself and others, enable changes to be recognised and relationships to develop. The counsellor’s role is to assist you in ways that respect your values, culture, personal resources and capacity for change.
WHAT IS SO GOOD about a counselling group?
• participants are able to form connections with others who are experiencing similar feelings and share insights, reducing feelings of isolation and being overwhelmed
• participants benefit from seeing how others are able to deal with similar issues, and are able to offer real support to each other
• the care, attention and support of the whole group working together is far greater than the sum of its parts
• communication & engagement skills are enhanced
• a real and practical experience of community is experienced and nurtured
HOW TO JOIN:
If you feel drawn to this group and would like to give it a go – please call 03 548 2400 or email [email protected] or visit our website www.lifelinc.co.nz
Participants sign up for an initial 6 weeks, and are asked for a contribution of $20 per session, payable in advance.
Article type: News and information
Contact Name: Dawn Allan
Contact Phone: 035482400
Contact Email: [email protected]