*FREE SEMINAR* Recognising and Responding to Grooming Seminar with Safeguarding Children Join us in Nelson - Tasman on Wednesday, 8 December 2021 6pm - 8.30pm *Funded by Network Tasman Charitable Trust* This course is for parents, caregivers and anyone working with families, children and young people. Whether your safeguarding journey is just starting, part way or near completion.
CNA has just had its biannual Hui – every second year we hold a hui to give members an opportunity to learn more about key issues affecting the community sector and to connect with others (in the year in-between we hold a national conference).
It was a fantastic day filled with lots of insightful kōrero. We were masterfully guided through the day by our MC Benita Jean Tauhuri, and thoroughly entertained by our two speakers Len Cook and Michael Macaulay. Len spoke about the importance of holding government to account and factors impacting on the policy environment. Michael talked about collaboration and how people can create and sustain collaborative relationships. Their presentations will be uploaded to the CNA website.
In the afternoon Karen Stockman skillfully guided us through a market place where attendees set the agenda and participated in discussions that most interested them. There was lots of interesting kōrero, with topics ranging from messages for Government to housing issues.
Importantly, earlier in the day we held our Annual General Meeting – at this meeting the new CNA Board was elected:
· Andrew Beyer – Andrew is an executive member of FRANCOSS and MECOSS in Auckland
· Tess Casey – Tess is the CEO of Neighbourhood Support NZ
· Jo Taylor – Jo is the General Manager for CAPS Hauraki
· Denise Lormans – Denise is the Manager of Southland Community Law Centre
· Holly Snape – Holly is the CEO of Community Waikato
· Chris Glaudel – Chris is the Deputy Director of Community Housing Aotearoa
· Liz Hawes – Liz is the new Kaituiora for the Social Equity and Wellbeing Network in Christchurch
· Liz Graham – Liz is the Chairperson of Tairawhiti Community Voice
Welcome to our new Board members and farewell and thank you to the outgoing member Christine West.
Community Networks Aotearoa
Article type: News and information
Contact Name: Lisa
Contact Phone: (04) 472 3364
Contact Email: [email protected]