At the CAN forum, speaker Peeni Henare mentioned the Prime Minister’s vision of a country where everyone is “earning, learning, caring or volunteering”, & stressed that it was important to support youth volunteering. One way to do this is by supporting Collaborate: https://www.letscollaborate.co.nz/
Yes, there is already a really good way to support youth volunteering, by supporting Collaborate:
What is Collaborate?
It’s a phone & web-app to connect volunteers with organisations who need them.
It allows people to match their skills and interests with available volunteering opportunities & time frames.
It was created by 4 young women, 3 originally from Nelson, who are now based in Wellington.
Collaborate can be used by people anywhere, but they will be promoting it in Nelson / Tasman area in the next few months.
How can you support youth volunteering?
Here’s some ideas:
- Check out their website: https://www.letscollaborate.co.nz/
- Register with Collaborate if you need volunteers now, or even if you just might need some in future.
- Like or follow Collaborate on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollaborateapp/
- Don’t stop there! Be proactive in liking, sharing & commenting on their posts. (Facebook brings posts that have more activity to the top of the feed.)
- Think about what opportunities YOUR organisation could offer youth volunteers – remember the great thing about Collaborate is it can accommodate any sorts of volunteering schedules, from one-off to ongoing, regular or casual, and all types of skills.
- When a person contacts you offering to volunteer, make sure you REPLY to their offer, even if you don’t need help at the time.
Article type: News and information
Contact Name: Rosey
Contact Phone: 03 548 2798
Contact Email: [email protected]