Tea & Talk is held in four separate locations across the Nelson Tasman Region: Nelson City, Victory Square, Richmond and Golden Bay. It provides the opportunity for those aged 65+ years to get together for a weekly cup of tea and a chat. Morning tea is provided and the cost is only $3. All Welcome!
Are you planning a great community event or project – but need a little help to make it happen? We may be able to help.
Applications for our Tasman District Council Community Grants are open now and close on the 31 July. Funding is available for Tasman-based projects that meet a community need and have community support. Priority is given to projects that can show financial support from other sources as well.
Grants are available for projects that fit into the following categories:
- Festivals and events
- Youth and children
- Social services
- Emergency services
- Sports and recreation facilities.
- This year we’ve shortened the time you’ll need to spend online,
- Visit tasman.govt.nz/link/grants to download the Community Grants from Rates Application Form
- Work on the application at your own pace – and save as you go.
- Send the completed application back to us using a simple online form.
To help you get started, we will be running sessions in June and July at our local libraries to offer advice and to help you with the application process. Details of these will be posted on our website and publicised in future editions of Newsline.
For more information:
Article type: News and information
Contact Name: Mike Tasman-Jones
Contact Phone: 0 3543 8403
Contact Email: [email protected]