The Community Organisation Grants Scheme (COGS) provides government funded grants to support voluntary and not-for-profit organisations working in local communities and neighbourhoods. The COGS Distribution Committee (LDC) is holding public meetings to identify funding priorities for the coming year.
Would you like to raise the profile of your organisation, but feel like you lack the time and budget to do it well?
Are you unsure about where to put your focus or how to make the most of the opportunities you have available?
Whether you’re trying to change public perception, raise awareness or are looking for donors, supporters and volunteers, you need to know how to market your message and encourage people to take action. Shoestring Marketing is a one day workshop that unpacks the marketing process and gives you practical ideas for moving people closer to your cause.
In this workshop you will discover:
- What you need to consider in getting people’s attention. How do you cut through the clutter and let people know your organisation exists?
- Why people are not banging down your door to get involved. What do people want to know about you before taking action? How can you share that message in a way that sticks?
- How you can use your existing marketing channels more effectively. What are some simple ways to maximise your newsletter, website and Facebook page?
- Why using local media is still important for non-profit organisations. How can you get yourself in the media spotlight for all the right reasons?
- The multitude of marketing opportunities available in your community and the importance of using them to be persistently consistent.
- A range of free (or nearly free) tools to help you create professional looking marketing material.
- How to create a marketing plan that makes the most of your time and budget.
This is a truly practical workshop full of simple ideas that you can immediately put into practice. We guarantee you will find easy, cost effective ways to improve what you’re already doing.
Article type: Training
Start date: May 15, 2018
Start time: 9:30 AM
End Date: May 15, 2018
End Time: 4:00 PM
Venue: Tahunanui Community Centre
Cost: $120 pp
Contact Name: Rosie Julou
Contact Phone: 07 5718 819
Contact Email: [email protected]