A takatāpui hui for everyone in Te Tau Ihu (Top of the South), which aims to bring together health professionals, rainbow community members, whānau and allies with the goal of increasing connection, awareness and understanding about takatāpui. Join us for a day of workshops from Dr Elizabeth Kerekere, InsideOUT, Q-Youth and takatāpui people living in Whakatū.
Red Cross Refugee Support Volunteers undertake a comprehensive training course before becoming part of a team that supports a former refugee family build a new life in Nelson. If you would like to become a Refugee Support Volunteer the next course starts 10th Feb 2018.
Red Cross Refugee Support Volunteers undertake a mandatory training course before undertaking a 6-month placement to support a former refugee family resettle in Nelson. The course covers:
– introduction to the Red Cross;
– the global refugee situation and the refugee journey to Nelson from Bhutan, Myanmar or Colombia;
– cross cultural communication;
– health, social service and education of former refugees;
– the role of the Refugee Support Volunteer;
– presentations by former refugees;
– an opportunity to meet current Refugee Support Volunteers.
The course is free and takes place over a weekend and one evening. The next starts 10th February 2018 with furthers course to be confirmed for later in the year.
Article type: Training
Start date: February 10, 2018
Start time: 9:30 AM
End Date: February 15, 2018
End Time: 8:30 PM
Venue:Red Cross Service Centre, 59 Parkers Road, Tahunanui
Contact Name: Patrick Steer
Contact Phone: 03 548 4978
Contact Email: [email protected]