Two drawing workshops with Maree Cathcart at Nelson Women's Centre. Can be taken separately or both days.Drawing workshop #1 - 13 March Basic Practice, looking and seeing. "Getting it down", the art of fast sketching. Please bring a small sketchbookDrawing Workshop #2 - 27 March Landscape, working from a sketch, develop it into an understandable drawing
Red Cross Refugee Support Volunteers undertake a comprehensive training course before becoming part of a team that supports a former refugee family build a new life in Nelson. If you would like to become a Refugee Support Volunteer the next course starts 10th Feb 2018.
Red Cross Refugee Support Volunteers undertake a mandatory training course before undertaking a 6-month placement to support a former refugee family resettle in Nelson. The course covers:
– introduction to the Red Cross;
– the global refugee situation and the refugee journey to Nelson from Bhutan, Myanmar or Colombia;
– cross cultural communication;
– health, social service and education of former refugees;
– the role of the Refugee Support Volunteer;
– presentations by former refugees;
– an opportunity to meet current Refugee Support Volunteers.
The course is free and takes place over a weekend and one evening. The next starts 10th February 2018 with furthers course to be confirmed for later in the year.
Article type: Training
Start date: February 10, 2018
Start time: 9:30 AM
End Date: February 15, 2018
End Time: 8:30 PM
Venue:Red Cross Service Centre, 59 Parkers Road, Tahunanui
Contact Name: Patrick Steer
Contact Phone: 03 548 4978
Contact Email: [email protected]