This is a wonderful opportunity to participate in an Arts workshop with Faye Wulff at Nelson Women's Centre. We will look at the background and history of women's suffrage in NZ and create knitted, crocheted or made from fabric Camellia Flowers for a Community Arts Suffrage Project.
WHY: Nelson is the third most ethnically diverse city in New Zealand with people from more than 50 different ethnicities living here. 21% of Nelson-Tasman residents are born outside New Zealand.
WHO CAN BENEFIT:
• New New Zealanders – recent migrants and those who’ve been here a while
• Anyone involved in the community, education or business – or just living in Nelson/Tasman
COMPLETING THIS TRAINING YOU WILL:
- Explore and gain further understanding of your own cultural identity
- Clearly understand the concepts and dimensions involved in intercultural communication.
- Identify and value the relationship between effective intercultural communication and effective workplace interaction.
- Identify and develop strategies for more effective communication across cultural boundaries.
- Full day
Article type: Training
Start date: November 28, 2017
Start time: 9:00 AM
End Date: November 28, 2017
End Time: 4:30 PM
Contact Name: Jenni Bancroft
Contact Phone: 03 539 0030
Contact Email: [email protected]