Motueka Women's Support Link provides support and advocacy for women affected by domestic violence.We provide a crisis line and community support, working alongside women to maximise their safety and supporting them to make decisions about their future.
Presenter: Cher Williscroft, Managing Director of Breakthrough Communication, Conflict Management Ltd
Cher lives in Nelson and has been teaching communication skills for 30 years. Cher has a background in HR and organisation development.
Communicating Clearly and Fairly in the Workplace
10 hour course over 5 Tuesday evenings (5.30 – 7.30 pm) – October/November 2017
Max 10 people – $195 for 5 sessions
To purchase your ticket, or for more information, please visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/communicating-clearly-and-fairly-in-the-workplace-5-tuesday-evenings-tickets-37587555390?aff=es2
You will learn to solve problems, agree on changes in behaviour, develop trust, and improve your workplace relationships by using Cher’s practical step-by-step method for having courageous conversations in real workplace problems.
Who would benefit:
This workshop is targeted to people working in small businesses who want to communicate better when dealing with staff, customers, partners, suppliers, shareholders, and directors.
- At the end of this 10 hour course, you can expect to:
- Have the ability and courage to engage in difficult conversations and navigate your way to a clear outcome.
- Communicate more effectively when faced with emotionally loaded and tricky situations, either one-to-one or in meetings.
- Develop a greater capacity to communicate so that your message is received as you intended.
- Keep a cool head under pressure, while others around you may be losing it. Learn not to be fazed by difficult questions.
- Drop judgements, assumptions, and generalisations and learn to listen carefully even if your mind is made up.
- Turn the lens on yourself and observe how you contribute with your habitual reactions when you are under pressure.
- Learn powerful communication tools that will always increase your influence and reduce defensiveness.
- Understand neurophysiology (threat and reward systems) and how the brain triggers unhelpful reactions.
Article type: Meetings and events
Start date: October 24, 2017
Start time: 5:30 PM
End Date: November 28, 2017
End Time: 7:30 PM
Contact Name: Cher Williscroft
Contact Phone: 03 545 2567 or 027 226 6408
Contact Email: [email protected]