Jim is coming back to Nelson! Thanks to support from Nelson City Council and Rata Foundation, Inspiring Communities and Seattle based, Jim Diers are excited to bring their two day Activating Community workshop to Nelson.Where: Whakatu Presbyterian Church, 271 Songer Street, Stoke. Whe: Monday March 20th from 9.30-4pm and Tuesday March 21st from 9-4pmThis workshop brings together the very best of international and national community building experience – and with Jim on board it can’t help but be FUN! We promise an interactive and practical couple of days, with a chance to put newly learned skills and tools into action on day two, in and with Victory and Tahunanui communities. Nothing beats learning by doing together with others!Please workshop flier for more info and go to Inspiring Communities website to register via the link below: http://inspiringcommunities.org.nz/workshops-activating-community/Any questions or further information, please contact Megan Courtney on 027 6788622.
We require a passionate, dedicated and caring professional to fill our coordinator position here in Nelson (part-time 20hours/week).
We are currently looking for a Coordinator who can deliver services for women and their whãnau around postnatal depression issues.
The successful applicant
- Would preferably have a qualification in counselling, social work or other health related field.
- Experience and knowledge of working with people experiencing pnd issues.
- Minimum of 1 year of supervising staff in a clinical arena.
- Good planning and presentation skills.
- Understanding of health promotion principles and collaborative processes.
- Understanding of Tiriti o Waitangi principles and Mãori models of working.
- Familiar with computer applications.
- Has experience in applying for funding and grants
This position is 20 hours a week with some flexibility regarding hours of work. If this position appeals to you please ring the PND office (03)548 3555 and leave a message or email [email protected] for the job application pack.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 28th July 2017
Article type: Job Vacancies and Volunteer Opportunities
Contact Name: Anna Hammond
Contact Phone: (03)548 3555
Contact Email: [email protected]