Let us help you unravel the mysteries of using a computer – and it won’t cost you a cent.
Richmond Library and 2020 Communications Trust are offering free computer courses during November and December.
SteppingUP is a national digital literacy initiative developed by the 2020 Communications Trust.
The programme provides a number of modules for computer and internet training using standard software applications to build partipants’ skills and confidence. Each class takes about two hours to complete and is designed to stand alone.
- Computer Basics. 19th November, 10am-12pm & 28th November, 10am-12pm
- Employment 1 – Creating and formatting a CV and Cover letter. 21st November, 1-3pm
- Employment 2 – How to search for jobs online. 26th November, 1-3pm
- Email 1 – Create a free online email account. 3rd December, 10am-12pm
- Email 2 – How to use your online email account. 10th December, 1-3pm
- Introduction to spreadsheets. 5th December, 10am-12pm
- Home finances – Internet banking and creating an excel household budget. 12th December, 10-12pm
For more information or to book a class go to http://steppingup.org.nz/, call (03) 543 8500 or ask a library staff member next time you are in the Library. Bookings are essential.
Article type: Training
Start date: November 19, 2014
End Date: December 12, 2014
Contact Name: Helen McCubbin
Contact Phone: 03 543 8535
Contact Email: email@example.com