Do you have a great community Arts project happening in the Tasman District that needs some dollars to make it happen? The Tasman Creative Communities Scheme maybe just what you’re looking for. The next round closes on 10 November 2013, for projects starting after the 1st of December.
Tasman Creative Communities Scheme closes 10 November
The Scheme will help with funding productions, concerts, festivals and workshops.
Contributions can be made towards the following
• materials for workshops, theatre productions or for visual arts projects
• arts residency schemes involving local artists or communities
• promotion of arts projects, events or programmes
Projects must meet one of the following criteria:
Broad Community Involvement – the project will create opportunities for local communities to engage with and participate in arts activities.
• A programme of dance activities and workshops
• An expo of local craft groups promoting weaving, pottery and carving
• A programme of emerging contemporary visual artists
Diversity – the project will support the diverse arts and cultural traditions of local communities, enriching and promoting their uniqueness and cultural diversity
• A photographic exhibition by a group of recent migrants that communicates their experiences
• A song writing workshop for a group with experience of disability
• A wananga series on Maori weaving
• The production of a German language play by a local German culture group
Young People – the project will enable and encourage young people under the age of 18 7ears to engage with and actively participate in the arts.
• Support for a magazine that presents creative writing by young people
• Support for the recording of a compilation CD by young musicians in local bands
• A collaborative event featuring performances and workshops in dance and music
Average allocations are $1,000. The next funding round after Nov closes 10 March 2014.