World Smokefree Day is on 31 May and is about celebrating and working towards smokefree/auahi kore lives for New Zealanders.
Internationally, World Smokefree Day is known as World No Tobacco Day, and is celebrated annually on 31 May.
The objectives of World Smokefree Day in New Zealand are:
- Raising awareness and contributing to the achievement of the Smokefree 2025 goal
- Enabling better collaboration, planning and coordination of work within regions and across the country.
- Raising awareness of the Smokefree kaupapa with the underlying objectives of reducing exposure to second-hand smoke
- and increasing quit attempts.
- Enabling continuity and consistency of messaging and creative within regions and across the country.
- Building on and complementing current work in tobacco control.
To find out more or to get involved visit us at www.smokefree.org.nz/world-smokefree-day