The Motueka community is trialling a proactive approach to community development.
We are looking for a Project Coordinator to keep the various sector groups committed on track with an environmental street design project.
Motueka Collaboration of Agencies (COA) on behalf of the CPTED Project
Position Description- CPTED Project Coordinator
Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) is defined as;
A multi-disciplinary approach to deterring criminal behaviour through
environmental design, whose strategies rely upon the ability to influence
offender decisions that precede criminal acts by affecting the built, social
and administrative environment (International CPTED Association, 2014).
In principal, CPTED encourages and assists people to create their own
solutions and is especially important in communities where disengagement from
each other as residents, statutory agencies such as the Police, and social
support agencies is evidenced.
In our community, the project aims centre on building relationships
between residents, residents and the police and other government agencies, and
residents and social service support providers. The establishment and quality
of these relationships alongside a cleaner more manageable environment act to
increase pride and wellbeing and reduce crime.
Nature and Terms of this
position: This position is a fixed
term contract for a pilot project.
Responsible/reporting to: The Motueka CPTED Working Group
Key Objectives of this
position: To coordinate and complete
the administration functions of the CPTED project
Record, type up and distribute minutes of the monthly CPTED meeting to attendees no later than one week after the
Prepare, coordinate and distribute agenda for monthly meeting – no later
than one week prior to the meeting
Distribute any reports and/or notices to CPTED working party as required
- Provide timely accurate financial statements to the members on a
monthly basis in liaison with the fund holder- Motueka Family Service
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and work plans
- Attend monthly meetings
- Make any arrangements as required to ensure the smooth running of
- Set up framework by which the project is undertaken
- Support the Motueka Family Service Centre to coordinate, oversee and
account for the current projects being undertaken
- Develop a work plan for the CPTED project with the working group
- Coordinate the support from agencies/wider community
- Integrate an evaluation process into the activities undertaken in
the work plan
- Genuine empathy for the work and vision of the CPTED Project
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficient in general office procedures, including accounts
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team
- High level of initiative and flexibility
- Well organised
- Sound problem solving skills
- High level of computer literacy
- Previous experience in community development
- Knowledge of the agencies and their work in the Motueka community
Hours: The project will start at 12 hours per month, with scope to
increase hours and remuneration as the project gains momentum.
Pay rate-$360 per month to be invoiced at the completion of each month.
For an application for please email Managermfsc@xtra.co.nz
Article type: News and information
Contact Name: Lisa Lawrence
Contact Phone: 03 5280234
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org