For further information please contact Q Jumpers via link below. Do not contact the Nelson Multicultural Council.
Applications close on 2 December.
The Nelson Multicultural Council is a not-for-profit organisation primarily supporting and advocating for equal rights of ethnic migrants and former refugees living in the region, as well as helping new migrants settle in the community. We promote positive race relations through community awareness and achieve unity amongst our diverse culture, where people of all ethnicities feel empowered to actively and positively contribute.
As the Primary Employee you will be responsible for a variety of tasks. The position reports directly to the Chairperson and is 25 hours per week (this may increase subject to funding availability). This jack of all trades role will see you use your exceptional organisational and administration skills on a daily basis. You will need to have excellent time management along with superb planning and networking skills. Being able to relate to a wide variety of organisations and ethnicities will be paramount in this role.
Your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Compliancy with Workplace Health and Safety
- Overseeing daily office operations
- Writing reports
- Lodging funding applications
- Development of annual and budget plans
- Event Management
- Planning organising, promoting and hosting events
- Project Support
- Overseeing support in the delivery of projects
- Establishing and maintaining new community connections to raise the profile of the organisation
- Membership and Volunteers Engagement
- Building memberships and volunteer capacity
- Frontline Reception
- Assisting walk-in visitors
To be considered you will need:
- At least three years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience within the public charity and community sector (advantageious but not essential)
- Knowledge of other cultures and ethnic minorities (advantageous but not essential)
- Proficient use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Good IT skills
Are you confident that you meet the above criteria? Then please apply today. All enquiries regarding the role should be directed to QJumpers.
Applications close 02 Dec 2014
Article type: News and information
Contact Name: Evey McAuliffe
Contact Phone: 03 5390030
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org