The Heart Foundation is hosting several Lifetime Heart Health Seminars across New Zealand. As part of creating a wider “Cardiac Community”, these seminars offer practical tips to maintaining or improving your heart health. These seminars are for people living with heart disease, people who are at risk of a heart event, and their family and friends.
In Nelson we will be holding two seminars:
1) Friday 1st August , 10.00 – 11.30am at The Honest Lawyer, Monaco
2) Thursday 30th October , 5.00 – 6.30pm
The August seminar will include presentations from:
• Jason Wright, our local pharmacist who will talk about the different medications prescribed to support people living with heart disease or to help decrease their risk of suffering a heart event. He’ll cover what the different medications do, why they are necessary and the importance of taking them until your doctor says to stop! Jason will also answer your questions on medications.
• Janet Evans, Arthritis Nurse Educator, who will talk about managing chronic joint pain, providing some helpful tips to make life more comfortable.
• Nichola Davies, the Heart Foundation’s Cardiac Community Manager, who will outline what the Heart Foundation’s “Cardiac Community” is all about and what it could mean to Nelson people.
Details of the October seminar will be confirmed at a later date.
There is no cost to attend the seminars however we would appreciate pre-registration. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the Heart Foundation office 03 545 7112 to register.
Article type: Meetings and events
Start date: August 1, 2014
Start time: 10:00 AM
End Date: August 1, 2014
End Time: 11:30 AM
Contact Name: Averil West
Contact Phone: 03 545 7112
Contact Email: email@example.com