A full time fixed-term contract for 12 months.
This position is part of a team of Employment Consultants who are responsible for assisting job seekers with disabilities to find and sustain meaningful employment, providing recruitment services to employers, preparing clients for employment and supporting clients while they are in work.
WORKSTAR is an established employment agency specialising in delivering employment solutions to employers, and professional support to people who experience barriers to employment as a result of their disability.
We are looking for an energetic, outgoing and savvy person with amazing people skills who will be able to:
• Work alongside job seekers with disabilities to actively market their strengths and skills, to assist job seekers to find the right job for them, and to give on-going support for employment issues
• To refer as required to other agencies
• Provide recruitment services to employers by helping with employee selection, preparing contracts and job descriptions and advising on employment issues.
• Support job seekers prepare for employment by identifying opportunities, developing CVs and interview skills, assisting with job applications and negotiations and providing liaison and advice.
• Support clients while they are in work with orientation, work trials, coaching and ongoing support.
• Support employers by finding the right person for the job, and on-going assistance and advice.
The successful candidate will have a relevant tertiary qualification or experience in this field. Experience in career practice or recruitment is preferred. We also want people with a positive attitude for our small, unique team.
The job description and application form is on our website: www.workstar.co.nz. To apply, please download the application form, and send it along with a cover letter and your CV by e-mail to: S-Johnston@xtra.co.nz. We need to hear from you at the latest by 4pm Wednesday, 4th June.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Article type: News and information
Contact Name: Kirsty Glen
Contact Phone: 03 546 9206
Contact Email: Kirsty@workstar.co.nz